Saturday, February 5, 2011

Democrat or Republican

I'm going for the jugular with this first post.  Politics is the one issue I am terrified to discuss and actually don't have opinions on.  This will be my greatest challenge with this blog, having an opinion on politics.  My father is passionate about politics.  So much so that he is known to become infuriated at social events when people raise this issue.  I've witnessed him calmly but curtly ask for the subject to be dropped.  When people don't immediately heed his warning he can turn into a monster that ruins the event and create an awkward pin-drop silence in the room.  This is the main reason why I shy away from political rhetoric.  It also somewhat bores me which doesn't help matters.  I'll revisit this issue someday, but for now I'm going to fail to express an opinion.  Its second nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment